Sunday, January 12, 2014

DIY | Beaded Leaf Headband

Only in SoCal can you go from shorts at noon to furry coat by evening...not to mention the sight of snow is quite a rarity around these parts so it's usually a (relatively) warm winter for us compared to in other states. For Advent Calendar Day 25, I DIY'd this headband as a tribute to winter wonderland for Debbie.




DIY Beaded Leaf Headband

(Difficulty: Easy, requires minimal sewing skills)


Supplies


(1) Download the templates here!
(2) Felt (I chose an off-white/ivory color, 30ish cents at Michaels/Joanns)
(3) Tulle
(4) Needle and thread in corresponding color
(5) Headband blank
(6) Satin ribbon (the same width as your headband blank)
(7) Assorted beads and embellishments
(8) Scissors
(9) Glue (I used E-6000 and tacky glue instead of white glue)

Steps


1. Trace and cut two ofyour desired shape from the template onto your felt or feel free to cut out whatever shape you like.

2. Cut out a piece of tulle slightly larger than your felt shape. Sew it down to one piece of your felt shape with a running stitch.


3. Trim your tulle to the size of the felt shape.

4. Begin sewing glass tube beads along the edge of your felt shape.

5. I then outlined each "leaf" with the glass tube beads and mimicked the look of "branches".

6. Then I sewed on some mini pearl beads at the end of each "branch".


7. This part is similar to my K-pop Inspired Studded Headband. Glue your satin ribbon onto your headband bank, leaving a little overhang at the ends.

8. Fold the extra ribbon over to the inside and glue down to cover the sharp parts of the headband.

9. Take your embellished felt piece and glue onto your headband. Take your other unembellished felt piece and glue it onto the underside of the headband, lining up the two felt pieces.


Cheers to adding a little winter wonderland spirit!

** Don't wanna DIY? Faster to buy? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. So Cute! I just did something similar using ribbon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley! I'd love to see what you came up with :)

      Delete
  2. It is an amazing site and superior to anything normal give. I need to grateful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...